Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Pregnant Leanne: Week 28 - Times are a' changing

December 16, 2009: Week 28 of pregnancy

I’m embracing a 24-hour clock. This decision was not a quick or easy one. My days are defined by time. As a trainer, my sessions are scheduled. My shifts at the gym are scheduled. I know I have to leave for work at a specific time to not get stuck in traffic. Bedtime is 10 pm.

But this scheduled way of thinking is not working for me anymore. Up to this week, I’ve felt guilty about my afternoon naps. I’ve been assuming that my sleeping in two hour 'bouts at night was down to my mid-day indulgence. Before pregnancy an afternoon nap guaranteed a rough night. No longer! Big revelation! I don’t sleep well regardless! After a teary breakdown of utter exhaustion on Sunday night, I surrendered. I’m going to sleep when I’m tired. Naps are now a necessity. If it’s 7 pm, it’s 7 pm. I’ve promised myself I will no longer schedule anything between 2:00 and 4:00 pm. The baby moves, I have to pee and things are no longer on my timeline. In fact…yawn…time for a nap!

No comments: