Friday, January 7, 2011

Time to catch up

Happy New Year, everyone!

If you haven't noticed, I haven't been very consistent with my blog posts in the latter half of 2010. I have to apologize. I've been feeling overwhelmed with taking care of LIFE: a son who is in Grade 3 and reluctantly facing serious homework for the first time, a daughter who just entered into the wonderful world of Kindergarten, a husband with a demanding new career, and then this little thing called urbanbaby & toddler magazine.

But, as in my Letter from the Editor in the current Winter 2010-11 edition of urbanbaby & toddler, I am endeavouring to put myself first for once. I call it the "Year of Me." It's where I make myself a priority, do things that make me happy and that are important to me.

Writing more consistently on the UBT blog is one of the things. And to kick that off, here's a summary of what my family has been doing over the past several months.

1. We went to Disneyland! Yup, every child's dream and every motion sickness-prone parent's nightmare. It was, in a word, happy. We went in late October, when the weather is warm but not hot. My daughter was determined to see every princess on the grounds--yes, we stood in line a lot!--while my son was a roller-coaster fiend, dragging a green-faced Daddy with him for repeated riding.

2. My husband and I had a weekend in New York City. It was whirlwind 4 days, but it was lovely to sleep in, to stay out late (for us, that's anything past 8 pm!), to see the famous spots in Manhattan: Times Square, Rockefeller Centre, MOMA, the Guggenheim, Central Park, East and West Villages, etc. My husband also ran the NY Marathon while we were there. We're thankful for Grandma, who very kindly agreed to take care of the kiddies for us.

3. We spent a week in Whistler this past summer. It's the perfect family-friendly summer spot for us. Lots of outdoor activities for families to do, great weather, and a small-town atmosphere that we feel safe in.

So, 2010 was a good year, but 2011 will be even better. Here's to the start of a wonderful new year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad to see you here again! I've missed you;>))