Wow! We hosted my daughter's fifth birthday party at Build A Bear Workshop in Metropolis at Metrotown in Burnaby, and it was a blast. For $25 per child, I was able to purchase party that involved 1-1/2 hours of bear fun, which had the kids:
- picking their own bear shells based on the parent's budget and stuff them)
- stuffing their bears with a heart (because everyone knows you can't live without one!)
- dressing their bears with outfits and bows
- choosing a sound for their bears
- singing silly songs and a doing a little dancing
- naming their bears
- receiving a goody bag
I can't say enough about the party leader Nalini, who was energetic, fun, completely connected with the kids, and always in charge of the whole group of 6.
If you're looking for a birthday party option, this will work for kids from 3 years and up. For girls, the appeal of building a bear will span all ages; boys may lose interest after the age of 6 or 7, but there are plenty of hockey jerseys from real NHL teams and Star Wars outfits to please them too!