Thursday, September 19, 2013

11 Months Old - Thinking Back on a Year


Planning her 1st birthday OMG I can’t believe it has come up so fast. Everyone tells you to cherish that first year because it fly’s by and that you only have a baby for 12 months then she or he is a little person… yup it flew by alright!


I can’t even keep up with writing in her baby book and filling in pictures of her each month for a first year photo frame. Now I’m planning a party, applying for jobs and researching daycares… Gosh I better get organized here!

I think back on all the family support and love that we have received this last year. We are so grateful! It’s funny the progression of nerves of new parents in the beginning to have a 10 second shower was like horrific if any movement was missed, to getting a babysitter for the new parents first night out and heaven forbid the babysitter can’t find a soother so you check in every 5 minutes, to now at almost 1 year old and asking any family to come over so we can go away for like… the whole weekend… I’m sure you will be fine.

But I think the best part of this year has been watching my husband become this amazing father. He was certain we were having a boy even when the doctors told us it was a girl he was still waiting to see for himself. But now he couldn’t be happier with his little girl; gosh he just loves her. I just adore watching them play together and giving them their little moments even if it is past her bedtime how can you break up fun times at bath time? So I say ok an extra 5 minutes won’t hurt.

We are heading to New York City for my sister’s wedding in a few weeks and Maddy is on the verge of walking I pray that she does well on the flight and that she travels as well as I think she will. I am not sure if I want her to walk before or after the wedding. I guess she will do it when she is good and ready.

So 11 months into motherhood and I couldn’t be happier. No matter what is happening in my day or life just one smile from her lights up my world and nothing else matters. I always knew I would love having a baby one day I just never realized how much being a mother would teach me about myself. She truly is the best thing of have ever done and really the best part of me. The funny thing is that it feels like she has been here all along and it seems like a foreign concept to imagine 11months ago she wasn’t here and what my life was like before Madison was born.

By Jessica Sutherland

No comments: