Secrets to make it snappy?
- Befriend other parents of toddlers. Register for “mommy and me” classes at the community center and visit the local playground.
- Read books about going to school. “A Pocket Full Of Kisses” by Audrey Penn says it best.
- Once you decide on a preschool, visit the place a few times so it becomes a familiar site and inquire about meeting the teacher.
- Enroll your child in an “On my Own” class at the local community center. It is a good gradual entry program during she can learn about school routines and playing with new friends.
- If you are anxious, look for our own silver lining. Rather than being apprehensive, think of it as a celebration of a new stage in your child’s life.
Click here to read the article online