Monday, February 8, 2010

Pregnant Leanne: Week 34 of pregnancy - Sweet freedom!

February 5, 2010: Week 34 of pregnancy

I’m officially finished working. My favourite comment so far? “Have a great holiday Leanne!” Sure, people, a holiday. Baby laundry, pack my hospital bag, install the car seat, renew my car insurance and wrap my head around the fact that I’m going to be a MOTHER! I have this overwhelming drive to get ‘stuff’ out of the way and keep the nest clean. If I could vacuum every day, I would. Alright, I’ll admit I have, but only because I can’t get down that low to wipe the floor anymore and vacuuming is easier.

Have we set up the crib? What colour are we painting the nursery? Thankfully, life is simple in that regard. We live in a one-bedroom apartment and the baby will not have a room of its own. The crib is in its box under our bed until the kid outgrows the Moses basket and the diaper station is going to be a changing pad on my livingroom floor.

I’ve been having fun making up ‘systems’ for when the baby is born. Onesies in this drawer. Hooded towels in this cupboard. Washcloths by the tub. Purely based on guess-work and logic at this point, it’s going to be funny to see where things actually end up.

I’m ready to embrace the chaos that is a newborn! I think…

No comments: