Monday, February 16, 2015

Product Review: Aleva Naturals Alevoil (Part 2)

I have been using Aleva Naturals products since shortly after my son was born. I discovered the product line while I was in search of a healthy natural way to quickly clean my son's tiny hands. No matter where I take him someone is always coming to chat to him and it somehow leads to them holding his hands. He has a way with women and loves to flirt and often reaches out to hold their hand while they talk to him. I don't blame them, it's hard to resist holding a baby's hand but in the back of my head all I could think about was germ transfer. Being a self-confessed germaphobe I knew I needed to find something to safely cleanse his little hands while on the go, that's when I came across Aleva Naturals. Easy, convenient and safe little pouches of natural wipes, I couldn't resist getting their hand & face wipes, pacifier & toy wipes, nose & blow wipes and tooth & gum wipes. I keep all of them stocked and ready to go, at home and in Valentino's diaper bag. When I was told Aleva Naturals now has a maternal line of products I jumped at the chance to try them out.

Aleva Naturals Alevoil is combined of ingredients used to assist with dry skin, uneven skin tone, stretchmarks and scars. When it comes to skincare I make a conscious effort to use natural and organic products. There are many reasons for this, most importantly is my son's health, my son and I co-bathe and I strictly only use natural, healthy and in most cases organic products that come into contact with him.

The human skin is the largest organ in the integumentary system and since it interfaces on a daily basis with the environment it plays a vital role in protecting our bodies from pathogens. The human skin provides insulation, sensation, temperature regulation, protection against water loss and vitamin B foliates and the synthesis of vitamin D. The human skin essentially guards the underlying muscles, bones, ligaments and organs and therefore it is essential that we care for it tenderly. When skin becomes damaged it works to heal itself by forming scar tissues which therefore will leave the appearance of de-pigmented and discoloured skin.

I personally developed stretchmarks approximately two months after the birth of my son, up until that point I had none and I thought I was in the clear but once the weight started to drop off I was left with stretchmarks. I am also known to develop dry skin throughout the fall and winter seasons that come in bouts. My main areas of distress are hands, wrists, and elbows. After pregnancy when my hormones were adjusting I developed a patch of psoriasis on my thigh that I try to manage with natural products rather than medicated prescriptions. I took these trouble areas and put Alevoil to the test with my stretchmarks, psoriasis, and dry skin.

Alevoil is enriched with schizandra fruit extract, rosehip oil and tamanol seed oil which provide deep hydration, aids in improvement of skin firmness and elasticity and skin tone. The blend provides essential nourishing moisture to help heal and protect your skin, leaving it with a healthy soft sheen and a hint of sweet scent. I have been using Alevoil for a little over two weeks now and am pleasantly surprised with the improvement and condition of my skin. I apply the oil three times daily to my abdominal area which has improved my skins softness and overall smoothness which has led to a slight decrease in the pigment of my stretchmarks, leaving them slightly faded in appearance. With the remainder of the oil on my hands after applying to my abdomen I rub the excess onto my arms and legs for a light healthy supple sheen and moisture.

I use Alevoil once nightly on my psoriasis before I go to bed. After roughly a week’s use I started to notice the cracked skin on my psoriasis to heal and seal itself and the overall texture to start to feel more like skin does. The itchiness that is associated with psoriasis due to the dryness of skin has improved significantly with daily use of Alevoil.

Aleva Naturals Alevoil is a natural, organic, made in Canada product that works effectively and efficiently with an affordable price point. With advantages like that the only answer is yes! Yes, you should give Alevoil a try if you want to heal and protect your skin with a blend of natural and organic ingredients.

For a list of Aleva Naturals products and locations to purchase please visit their website at www.alevanaturals.com/home 

Angel Fisher - Scenic photographer, writer, professional makeup artist, and lifestyle blogger. Mother of 10-month old son Valentino Ace, a rambunctious and sweet little dare devil who loves music.
www.angelfisherphotography.com 
www.ohheyitsmeagain.wordpress.com

Contest: Try Alevoil yourself! Enter to win a 60ml bottle of Alevoil. Tell us why you'd like to try Alevoil. Enter at www.urbanbaby.ca. Good Luck!


No comments: