Here are the
A random sampling: We have to go to bed without watching a movie? Are those BOOKS you’re trying to read us? When will we get to go swimming? Can you pick us up for a quick swim over lunch?
brats sweet angels, I will not pick you up for a “swim” over lunch.
But I did break down and bake our favorite blueberry muffins for a first-day-of-school breakfast. Everyone should wake up to these on important day… warm, sweet blueberry goodness with a crunchy cinnamon streusel on top.
Gosh, it’s awful quiet around here…
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder
- Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture
- Fold in blueberries
- Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
*Adapted from allrecipes.com, I swap out the white sugar in the streusel for brown. It doesn't look as pretty, but that carmelicious taste is worth it!
By Sugar Mama, Lindsay, as seen on www.sugarmamacooks.com