Got a Tech-Addicted Kid? Get Them Moving!
A new study in Sweden indicates that kids who are fit as teens are 35 percent less likely to have a heart attack in middle age. Here are some activities to get the whole family moving:
- Go old school and play tag, sardines, kick the can, red rover or dodge ball
- Turn on some music and have a dance competition
- Practice sports skills like dribbling the soccer ball, shooting free throws, or throwing strikes
- Go to the playground and invent new ways to use the equipment - do pull-ups on the monkey bars, arm pushes on the see-saw, v-ups on the swing
- Go to the local track and have relay races
Special Thanks to Our Sponsor
SongsWithMyName.com is proud to sponsor this week’s Active Family Photo Contest!
Our collection of name-brand, personalized children's CDs make the perfect gift for any boy or girl. The actual characters from Disney, Sesame Street, VeggieTales and The Wiggles sing and speak your child's name up to 80 times throughout each CD.
Go to www.SongsWithMyName.com to hear your child’s name sung by their favourite characters.
Order by August 31, 2014 using code SUMMER15 and get 15% off your order plus FREE SHIPPING. Or call us at 1-888-676-0182 to order by phone.
This Week Enter to Win:
Win two (2) CD’s customized with your child's name. Enter at www.urbanbaby.ca