Friday, February 19, 2010

How not to motivate this Mommy on a run

Although I dislike the 2010 Winter Olympics theme song, I Believe, I thought I'd use it on my 6K run today as a means of motivating me around the park. If it's good enough for the Olympics, maybe it's good enough for me, too. Calling my inner Olympian, I started singing it, in my head (I'm not that crazy!) as I found myself faltering after 4K:

"I believe... nah naaaah nah nah..."
"I believe...in the power...nah nah nah nah nah..."

I realized that I do not know the words. Well, I could just fill in the words, right? At least I knew the first two words. Knowing just, "I believe..." should be enough to get me going. How could I go wrong? This is what happened as I attempted to fill in the lyrics through my last 2K:

"I believe...that I've run enough."
"I believe...in the power...of my burning thighs."

Oh, my burning thighs. Must. Learn. The. Lyrics.

No comments: