Wednesday, September 22, 2010

All for Terry Fox

My son's school has been raising money as part of the Terry Fox fundraisers happening all week. The students are supposed to bring in change from home -- from nickels to toonies -- to donate to cancer research.

Tonight, in preparation for his donation tomorrow, I emptied my wallet of whatever change I had and handed it over to him, saying, "This is all I have, Benjamin. I thought I had more. This is all we can give."

He replied, "No, it's not," and ran over to his money jar and spilled his savings onto his bedroom floor. Pointing to the pile of change on the floor, he said proudly, "I want to give all this, too. It's important to help other people who are sick...they're more important than money."

Times like this make me such a proud mama.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwww